Michael Fitzpatrick Architects
MFA are based in Cavan and provide a variety of services including architecture planning, building survey reports and more. Our team of experienced and qualified architects and designers will plan and manage your entire project from concept to completion, working on large and small scale projects including domestic, commercial, educational & industrial. MFA are accredited Grade III Conservation architects.
- Discuss Project Brief and provide initial sketches
- Prepare Sketch design and layouts
- Prepare Computerised 3D model of proposed sketches
- Prepare Detailed design and lodge planning application and liaise with Local Authority
Sketch & Planning Stage
Building Control & Supervision Stage
Building Control Stage
- Prepare detailed Tender/Building Control drawings and specifications in compliance with all Building Regulations
- Provide Design Certificate as Design Certifier
- Provide calculations and ancillary certificates to accompany Building Control drawings and specification and submit commencement notice onto the Building Control Management System (BCMS).
- Preparation of inspection plan for the proposed works as Assigned Certifier.
Supervision & Certification Stage
- Act as Assigned Certifier and carry out interim inspections
- Liaise with the builder and client throughout the construction of the proposed works
- Prepare ‘as-built’ drawings and submit to the Local Authority for approval on compliance with Building Regulations
- Issue Certificate of Compliance with Planning Permission
- Prepare and lodge map for Land Registry purposes.
- Liaise with legal team and financial institution and provide documentation as necessary
- Architects Report with Photographic Survey and Planning Search
- Declaration of Identity
- Architects Certificate of Exemption
- Architects Certificate of Compliance
- Legal Mapping
- Planning Search
- Topographical Survey
- Set out Works
- Carry out structural valuation
- Carry out photographic survey and prepare Architectural Conservation Impact Assessment
Reports & Legal
BIM & Visualisation
BIM & Visualisation
MFA is currently undertaking the process of Adopting BIM Level 2 on all projects in the office. All our projects are created in a 3D environment. Building Information Modelling is the creation of a 3D model that enables the designer to visualise the project in a three-dimensional environment to, enable efficient drawing, document management, coordination and information that can be extracted from the model throughout the lifetime of the building. At all stages in the project computer generated images (CGIs) and Photomontages can be created through further post production software to create realistic images of the project.